Monday, April 18, 2011

Challenge Based Learning

Challenged Based Learning 

Challenged based learning is a great way to bring real issues into the classroom and have the students come up with ideas to solve these problems.  The problems my students would solve would be related to science due to the fact that I am going to be a science teacher. There are several different ways to use this challenge based learning method in the science classroom. Students could create projects over the use of non-renewable resources and the multiple different ways of reducing the use of these resources. Students could also do projects dealing with the health of people and create short 5-10 minute ways for people to keep healthy everyday. The possibilities for the use of challenged based learning in the classroom are endless. Students also seem to enjoy this interactive learning style. A video done by Australian students shows the enjoyment that students can get by this type of learning (video below). I think that what students can create from these projects could change the world in significant ways. It is amazing to think that short video projects created by the young minds of our students could do so much. I hope that when I implement this teaching method into my classroom that my students enjoy it just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment