Monday, May 2, 2011

My WOW Moment

My wow moment was when I learned about my skills on the computer and skills when it comes to using internet resources. I realized that I am decently competent when it comes to using technology and usually do not need any explanation on how certain tools work. I am the exploring type when it comes to figuring out how tools and resources work. I prefer this type of learning instead of watching a presentation or reading a PDF about how to make these items work correctly. I had an idea that this might have been part of my learning style, but was never for sure because I am also a book learner and can get much of my information from books and be able to implement it. That is why it surprised me when I did not like reading the information to learn and instead preferred the hands on style. This wow moment was coupled with a wow moment that I could create my own personal website successfully and have it be aesthetically pleasing while including all of the material and helpful information it needed to. I thought it would be a little more difficult for me to understand how the layouts worked and the tools I was able to embed onto my site. It gives me confidence as a future educator to be able to use sites that I might not understand and still be successful in using them and being able to help others with them. I am very proud of myself for my website, but still know there is plenty of work I must do on it so it is ready to be reviewed by my future employers.
My website

No comments:

Post a Comment